Applications to obtain new or replacement passports are provided in person or by mail after required documents and full payment has been received by the Consulate.
The normal processing time for new/renewal passports is approximately 3 months after submission of a fully completed application with required documentation.
Egyptian passports are issued for a maximum period of seven years (for an adult 15 years of age or over with a National ID card or a child under 15 of age with a National Birth Certificate) and one year (for an adult 15 years of age or over with a National Birth Certificate). There are no extensions beyond the 1 or 7 year validity.
If your passport has been expired for more than 5 years or you hold a handwritten Egyptian passport, an approval from Egypt will be required before the applicant can lodge the application. Enquire from the Consulate for further information.
- Your most recent Egyptian passport (not applicable for first-time applicants)
- Original National ID card (for an adult 15 years of age or over)
- Original electronic National Birth Certificate (for a child under 15 years of age)
- 3 recent photos white background 4*6 cm (Australian Passport-Photo size is acceptable)
- Application fee: AUD $490.00
- Payment in Cash if lodging application in person
- Payment by Australia Post money order or bank check (personal/business checks are not accepted), and must be payable to the “Consulate General of Egypt”.
Females Applicants (an adult 18 years of age or over) original proof of the marital status in case it is not mentioned on the expired passport or National ID card
Male Applicants (an adult 19 years of age or over) should provide proof of military status.
Applications may be lodged:
- In-person during Consulate walk-in hours of 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM Monday to Friday
- By mail:
- Applicants in New South Wales, Queensland, or Northern Territory are directed to mail their required documents, payment, and self-addressed prepaid registered envelope.
- The Consulate will mail back your original documents and the application form using the above-mentioned prepaid envelope.
- Complete the application form and sign it in front of a public notary.
- Mail the completed application form using a registered envelope to our postal address: GPO BOX 1258, Sydney NSW 2001