Visas - Category A:
Option 1: Apply for your Visa directly from the Consulate
To apply for your visa from the Consulate General of Egypt in Sydney, please lodge your application within 6 months from your intended travel date. Application lodgements are either in person or by mail.
- Single entry visas grant you a duration of stay of up to 1-month in Egypt.
- Multple entry visas grant you a duration of stay of up to 3-months in Egypt.
- Completed Visa Application form
- 1 passport-sized photo (white background, same standards as Australian Passport)
- Original Passport valid with more than 6 months validity from the date of intended entry to Egypt.
- Business Invitation Letter (For Business Visa Only).
- Visa Fees: Total visa fees noted in the table below
- Payment Methods:
- Australia Post money order, or bank cheque (personal/business checks are not accepted), and must be payable to the “Consulate General of Egypt”.
- Payment Methods:
Lodging the Application
In Person: (No appointment required)
Lodge the following at the Consulate during our public hours.
- Required documents (Listed above)
- Fees: Acceptable payment methods
- Australia post money order OR Bank Check
- Payable to the “Consulate General of Egypt”
In the case where an individual is unable to apply for a visa themselves, a representative may submit the visa application on their behalf, provided that the applicant has signed their own application and given all necessary information and documents.
(Postal Address: G.P.O. Box 1258, Sydney, NSW, 2001)
- Required documents (Listed Above)
- Fees: Payment by Australia Post money order or bank cheque (personal/business checks are not accepted), and must be payable to the “Consulate General of Egypt”.
- Pre-paid self-addressed envelope for the return of the Passport
Visa Fees for Australians and all other Nationalities (Includes $5 Application Fee): Except nationalities mentioned below
|Visa Type||Single Entry||Multiple Entry|
Entry Visa fees for the following Nationalities (Includes $5 Application Fee):
|Nationality||Single Entry||Multiple Entry|
|Canada Family Passport||$285.00||$420.00|
|Nigeria (Transit Visa)||$195.00||$285.00|
|Nationality||All Visa Types|
Option 2: Visa Upon Arrival (for Australian Passport Holders)
Option 3: eVisa Website
The official eVisa website is www.visa2egypt.gov.eg
The Consulate is not connected to the official eVisa website and has no means of providing any assistance for it.
The Consulate’s responsibility is limited at directing you to the correct website.
Visa extensions are done directly from the General Administration of Passports Immigration and Nationality Department (الإدارة العامة للجوازات والهجرة والجنسية) in El-Abaseya, Cairo. Website: https://enationality.moi.gov.eg/